Guava leaves are a rich source of minerals and vitamins that results in optimal hair growth. They have excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help in repairing the damaged follicles. Guavas are packed with vitamin B complex (thiamine, folate, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, niacin, and Pyridoxine) and vitamin C that help to simulate collagen activity needed for hair growth. Including leaves in your daily diet provides plenty of nutrients to the body resulting in the prevention of hair loss and stronger hair.
Guava leaves not only strengthen your hair and follicles but also treat infections thanks to their antimicrobial properties; infections that may be treatening your hair health.
1. Guava Leaves Lotion/ DIY Hair Tonic
You Will Need:
- A handful of guava leaves
- Lukewarm water
- 1 liter or water
- Boil guava leaves for 20 minutes.
- Let cool down before straining out the liquid.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and leave it to dry.
- Once dry, apply the guava leaf-infused water on your scalp.
- Now massage this hair tonic all over your scalp and root for a few minutes.
- Finally, wash out the hair using lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process once in every week.
- It is ok if you apply this decoction on the wet hair.
- After straining out the liquid, you can even add it to your shampoo or conditioner.
- Shake it before applying.
2. Guava Leaves and Honey
Guava leaves when paired with honey act as an excellent hair remedy. They both provide vital nutrients and give an in-depth conditioning to the scalp.
- Boil guava leaves and mix the juice with honey.
- Start applying o your scalp and hairs evenly.
3. Guava Leaves Tea
- Boil a handful of leaves in water for 20 minutes.
- Sweeten to your liking.
- Enjoy your cup of tea and benefit from the extracts.
Note: the best time to apply it is before sleeping at night.