Tired of throwing your money away on hair products to repair your hair? Your solution may be in your kitchen. Keep reading to find out how egg whites repair damaged hair.
Egg whites have a lot of protein. And, your hair is made up primarily of a fibrous protein called keratin. So, the right amount of protein in your diet may help with healthy hair.
But, sometimes you need help from the outside. And, here’s the way to use egg whites on your hair.
Using an Egg White Hair Mask
You can use this hair mask on your scalp, as well as your hair. Some possible benefits include:
- Hair strengthening
- Removes excess scalp oils
- Fights dandruff
- Promotes hair growth
Some people like to use egg whites with other ingredients that are beneficial to hair, like coconut oil. But, you can also use egg whites by themselves, too.
Egg White Mask (with Coconut Oil) Instructions:
- Use 2 eggs. Separate egg whites and yolk. Save the yolks for something else, but put the whites in a small bowl.
- Optional – add 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Whisk together oil and egg whites
- Dampen your hair and apply mixture
- Using your fingers, distribute egg mixture on your hair. Make sure to cover from roots to ends.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to distribute mixture through your hair.
- Wait 20 minutes
- Using cool water, rinse and shampoo like usual
In addition, it’s important to note that there is no scientific research that supports this egg mask. But, many have used this home remedy with varied success. And, it’s a low cost alternative to expensive treatments.
Lastly, if you have an egg allergy you should avoid using this mask. It may trigger your allergy in the same way that ingesting it would
Many people claim that egg whites repair damaged hair. But, you may want to ask your doctor for alternatives before trying out this home treatment. It is relatively safe to use, but it’s best to be cautious.