Much to your dismay, you’ve discovered that you are beginning to lose your hair. This article will give you a few basic tips on how to turn around your hair situation.
Let’s first look at the causes of hair loss. Even though many factors can contribute to hair loss, four predominant causes exist:
- Hereditary Hair Loss: It’s in your genes, proven by the many bald heads in your family.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal changes, including thyroid problems, can lead to temporary hair loss.
- Medical Conditions: Scalp infections along with patchy hair loss and other skin conditions may cause it.
- Medication: Chemotherapy treatments cause temporary hair loss, as does radiation to the head.
- Harsh Hair Treatments: Hot oil treatments may damage follicles, while harsh styling routines can also contribute to hair loss.
Getting a Handle on your Receding Hairline
You’ve accepted that your hairline is receding, so let’s look at how to turn around your hair situation:
- Hair Loss Medication: 66% experience regrowth after taking hair loss medication containing finasteride, while 88% said it slowed hair loss. As a hormone regulator, this active ingredient reduces the dihydrotestosterone levels, a hormone which shrinks your hair follicles.
- Rub-In Hair Loss Products: FDA-approved, minoxidil is said to promote hair growth. However, the results are less than certain, with regrowth in 2 out of 3 men. This solution is most suitable for men under 40, but you need to use it for at least four months before noticing results. What’s more, it’s best not to use it as your first option.
- Food Supplements: Taking food supplements containing niacin, biotin, zinc, iron, and vitamin C may also help.
So, this is how to turn around your hair situation. In addition, maintaining a healthy diet as well as keeping stress levels to a minimum can also help.