There are many ways how using a dry shampoo can be good for your hair. Not only will it give your scalp a thorough cleaning but it will also add volume to your hair. On top of that, it will save you a lot of time you’d otherwise spend washing your hair with a regular shampoo and then drying it.
Intro to Using a Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoos work by gathering all the excess oils from your scalp. They are thus particularly useful for people who have problems with greasy hair. If your hair becomes greasy soon after you’ve washed it, dry shampoos could provide a quick fix.
But to get the benefits of using a dry shampoo, you need to know how to do it properly. If you’ve never used it before, just follow these six steps to get started:
- Step 1: Part your hair down the middle using your hands. Make sure that your hair is dry before you move on to the next step.
- Step 2: Hold the dry shampoo can about a foot away from your scalp and point the nozzle at the roots.
- Step 3: Spray a very light layer of the shampoo evenly along the parting area. Don’t apply too much of it at first. If your hair is super oily, simply spray another layer on top of the first one.
- Step 4: Once the shampoo begins to create foam, start massaging it into your scalp. Do it gently and evenly, like you do with regular shampoo.
- Step 5: Leave the dry shampoo in for about two or three minutes.
- Step 6: Brush your hair thoroughly from roots to ends to remove the shampoo.
Make sure not to use dry shampoos more than two or three times a week. Otherwise, they could dry out your scalp and create extra hair problems. Also, keep in mind that they can’t replace your regular shampoo. For optimum hair health, you should keep washing your hair with standard shampoo at least once a week.